Stigsdotter, U.A. & P. Grahn, 2004, A garden at your workplace may reduce stress, International Academy for Design and Health, Stockholm
- Author : Stigsdotter, U.A. & P. Grahn
- Year : 2004
- Title English : A carden at your workplace may reduce stress
- Pages : 147-157
- Publisher : International Academy for Design and Health, Stockholm
- Outline in English : In this paper the authors present some results from a study in with 565 randomly selected people in nine Swedish cities answered a questionnaire addressing their experiences of stress and their use of green outdoor environment at their workplaces. The results may be interpreted as showing that access to a garden at work may have a positive impact both on stress and on “trisvsel” (comfort, pleasure and well-being). Apart from actually being in a garden, a view of a garden may also decrease employees’ level of stress and affect trivsel in a positive way.
- Comments/Notes : in Dilani A (ed) Design & Health III - Health Promotion through Environmental Design, International Academy for Design and Health, Stockholm Pdf (http://www.lpal.slu.se/ShowPage.cfm?OrgenhetSida_ID=3546).
KEYWORDS: stress, workplace, garden, well-being, window view.