Horelli, L. & M. Kaa, 2002, Opportunities constrains of internet-assisted urban planning with young people, in: Journal of Environmental Psychology, 22,
- Author : Horelli, L. & M. Kaa
- Year : 2002
- Journal/Series : Journal of Environmental Psychology
- Volume Number (CONSECUTIVE: Counting all Volumes of this Journal ever published) : 22
- Pages : 191-200
- Abstract in English : This article dealing with experiments on children’s participation in Urban planning in European countries shows that children are sharp analysts of the settings and creative producers of ideas for planning. The aim of this article is to argue, on the basis of three new case studies of action of research in Finland that Internet-assisted urban planning with Young people might provide more space for the young to get involved in neighbourhood development, if the projects are carefully integrated with the planning cycle and the cultural context.
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: Children, participation, Internet, planning, urban planning, participatory planning, interactive planning. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research, students of universities of professional education.