Ulrich, R.S. & D.L. Addoms, 1981, Psychological and recreational benefits of a residential park, in: Journal of Leisure Research, 13, 1
- Author : Ulrich, R.S. & D.L. Addoms
- Year : 1981
- Journal/Series : Journal of Leisure Research
- Volume Number (ANNUAL: Counting Volumes of the Year shown above) : 1
- Volume Number (CONSECUTIVE: Counting all Volumes of this Journal ever published) : 13
- Pages : 43-65
- Abstract in English : The article indicates that residents derive substantial psychological and recreational benefits from their experiences in the study park. The greatest importance has been attached to the passive nature factor, which included benefits ranging from aesthetic amenity and environmental variety to contact with nature. This study suggests the park is also important for non users.
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: environmental psychology, benefits of nature, landscape aesthetics, outdoor recreation, park benefits, parks, societal significance. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research.