Kaplan, R., 1973, Some psychological benefits of gardening, in: Environment and Behavior, 5, 2
- Author : Kaplan, R.
- Year : 1973
- Journal/Series : Environment and Behavior
- Volume Number (ANNUAL: Counting Volumes of the Year shown above) : 2
- Volume Number (CONSECUTIVE: Counting all Volumes of this Journal ever published) : 5
- Pages : 145-162
- Abstract in English : The purpose of this study was to examine the benifits people experience in one particular activity where nature is an essential component- namely, gardening. The primary garedning experiences appear to be most salient among women home garderens, because the home is the primary focus, and gardening may provide a rewarding change from the other demands placed on the housewife. In gereral gardening is a source of fascination.
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: environmental psychology, gardening, fascination. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research, students of universities of professional education.