Johnson, G.R. & J. Monear, 1994, A child’s view of the urban forest, in: Journal of Arboriculture, , 6
- Author : Johnson, G.R. & J. Monear
- Year : 1994
- Journal/Series : Journal of Arboriculture
- Volume Number (ANNUAL: Counting Volumes of the Year shown above) : 6
- Pages : 336-340
- Abstract in English : For one week in June, one hundred twenty elementary school children were involved in a co-operative study to provide some insight on the roles that the urban forests play in a young person’s life. De results were rather similar in some degree. All regions and grade levels had a high percent age of their photographs with trees in them. Most residential buildings were shade, by something; most parks and playgrounds had trees present. The fact that the children in the very urban, heavily developed inner city and the children in the largely agronomic rural area chose to photograph in or near areas with trees is notable. Trees are influencing these young lives
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: children, trees, urban spaces. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research, students of universities of professional education.