Hebbert, M., 1999, A city in good shape: town planning and public health, in: The Town Planning Review, 70, 4
- Author : Hebbert, M.
- Year : 1999
- Journal/Series : The Town Planning Review
- Volume Number (ANNUAL: Counting Volumes of the Year shown above) : 4
- Volume Number (CONSECUTIVE: Counting all Volumes of this Journal ever published) : 70
- Pages : 433-453
- Abstract in English : This article is an historical assay on the relationship between planning and public health. It contrasts two moments of agreements between doctors and planners. The Unifying paradigm of the 1840s centred on streets and ventilation, that of the 1940, on neighbourhood units and procreation. Though the professions have drawn apart in the post-war period, is suggested that ‘New Public Health and ‘New Urbanism may contain potential for a fresh appreciation of mutual interests.
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: Health, town planning, planting design. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research, students of universities of professional education.