Cornell, E,H., D.C. Hadley, T.M. Sterling, M.A. Chan & P. Boechlet, 2001, Adventure as a stimulus for cognitive development, in: Journal of Environmental Psychology, 21,
- Author : Cornell, E,H., D.C. Hadley, T.M. Sterling, M.A. Chan & P. Boechlet
- Year : 2001
- Journal/Series : Journal of Environmental Psychology
- Volume Number (CONSECUTIVE: Counting all Volumes of this Journal ever published) : 21
- Pages : 219-231
- Abstract in English : As illustrated in two studies of the development of children’s way finding, the chance of adventure provides natural opportunities to shape analytical and strategic thinking.
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORD: children, cognitive development, children’s development, way finding, adventure. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research, (This study - not explicit dealing with nature! - might encourage a planning and planting design supporting adventitious environment for children).