Kuo, F.E. & W.C. Sullivan, 2001, Aggression and violence in the inner city: effects of environment via mental fatigue, in: Environment and Behavior, , 4
- Author : Kuo, F.E. & W.C. Sullivan
- Year : 2001
- Journal/Series : Environment and Behavior
- Volume Number (ANNUAL: Counting Volumes of the Year shown above) : 4
- Pages : 543-571
- Abstract in English : This article is dealing with effects of nature on population in inner city with high rates of aggression. Residents living in relatively barren buildings reported more aggression and violence than did their counterparts in greener buildings. Levels of mental fatigue were higher in barren buildings, and aggression accompanied mental fatigue. This study indicated that nature at de doorstep might be important for quality of life.
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: environmental psychology, safety, aggression, nature, mental fatigue, trees, children. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research, students of universities of professional education.