Aoki, Y., Y. Yasuoka & M. Naito, 1985, Assessing the impression of street-side greenery, in: Landscape Research, 10, 1
- Author : Aoki, Y., Y. Yasuoka & M. Naito
- Year : 1985
- Journal/Series : Landscape Research
- Volume Number (ANNUAL: Counting Volumes of the Year shown above) : 1
- Volume Number (CONSECUTIVE: Counting all Volumes of this Journal ever published) : 10
- Pages : 9-13
- Abstract in English : In recent years, people in Japan have become aware of the importance of amenity in the living environment. In urban areas, greenery is a most important component of pleasant environments and is now eagerly sought particularly in high density residential areas. To satisfy this requirement, master plans of green environments are now proposed by many local administrations. In this study, residents ‘impressions were correlated with the percentage of green in photographs (taken with 28 and 85 mm focal distance) of the area. This useful approach needs to be developed and refined to produce more realistic measures of the amount of green perceived and assess its impact on respondents as they walk along the streets.
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: urban green, streets, assessment, methods. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research.