Barnhart, S.K., N.H. Perkins & J. Fitzsimonds, 1998, Behaviour and outdoor settings preferences at a psychiatric hospital, in: Landscape and Urban Planning, 42,
- Author : Barnhart, S.K., N.H. Perkins & J. Fitzsimonds
- Year : 1998
- Journal/Series : Landscape and Urban Planning
- Volume Number (CONSECUTIVE: Counting all Volumes of this Journal ever published) : 42
- Pages : 147-156
- Abstract in English : This studie investigated staff and patient preferences for outdoor behaviours and settings and the relationship between the attributes of ideal setting and setting preferences at a 312-bed psychiatric hospital in Guelph, ontaria. Both staff and patients selected natural open settings for passive behaviours such as sitting and viewing scenery, and natural – enclosed settings for active behaviours such as walking and talking with others.
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: hospital, hospital gardens, environment, behaviour, landscape, preference, planting design. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research.