explore the common European elements of the cultural heritage related to sheep
and shepherds and create free on-line research resources.
promote the heritage of the pastoral life using exhibitions and publications,
connecting it with contemporary questions of the sustainability of rural areas.
stimulate debate and exchange of experience of professionals in rural cultural
heritage, using contemporary means of networking.
stimulate intercultural dialogue.
attract the interest of the general public and especially young people in the
rural cultural heritage through innovative games-based learning tools, creative
educational programmes, and a virtual museum.
- Website : http://www.canepal.eu
- Project start : 2010
- Project end : 2015
- Contact Person : Fouli Papageorgiou
- Funding Agency : EU - the Culture programme
- Project Partners : Szabateri NeprajziMuseum, Hungary, PRISMA Centre for Development Studies, Greece, Muzeum Kresow w Lubaczowie, Poland, National History Museum, Bulgaria,
- Project structure : The project is based around 7 themes:Handicrafts based on the products of the sheep
(wool, leather etc.)
Architecture related to sheep farming activities
Pastoral life: everyday life objects, life-styles
Landscape as shaped by sheep farming
Cuisine based on sheep products
Oral tradition, myths, legends, celebrations, music
Traditional food technology (dairy products, meat)
Pastoral life in art
Rural economy based on sheep farming - tourism, ecology, named origin products etc.