Noschis, K., 1992, Child development theory and planning for neighbourhood play, in: Children’s Environments, 9, 2
- Author : Noschis, K.
- Year : 1992
- Journal/Series : Children's Environments
- Volume Number (ANNUAL: Counting Volumes of the Year shown above) : 2
- Volume Number (CONSECUTIVE: Counting all Volumes of this Journal ever published) : 9
- Pages : 3-9
- Abstract in English : This essay defining playing as imitation whereby children become acquainted with the world of adults. In this playing is an essential component of development. In large cities the conditions of urban life make access to the immediate surroundings of children’s homes difficult. To fulfil its role, a playground should not be an 'island’ isolated from the rest of neighbourhood, but one of the places that children have to access to the neighbourhood. KEYWORDS: children, playing, playgrounds, neighbourhoods.
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: children, playing, playgrounds, neighbourhoods. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research, students of universities of professional education. This article is not on nature or planting design but these are often intertwined with basic aspect of playing. .