Chawla, L. & H. Heft, 2002, Children’s competence and the ecology of communities: a functional approach to evaluation of participation, in: Journal of Environmental Psychology, 22,
- Author : Chawla, L. & H. Heft
- Year : 2002
- Journal/Series : Journal of Environmental Psychology
- Volume Number (CONSECUTIVE: Counting all Volumes of this Journal ever published) : 22
- Pages : 201-216
- Abstract in English : Initiatives to involve children and adolescents in assessing, planning and managing their local environments are increasing around the world, but there is still an lack of evaluations. This article seeks to illuminate processes of participation that my foster children’s competence in exploring, evaluating and improving their everyday environment and influencing the political structures that determine its use, with the ultimate goal of promoting ecological sustainability. Participatory programs for children can be evaluated according to a numbers of criteria. The concrete intended material outcome of a program are one important measurement.
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: children, participation, design. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research.