Herzog, T. & G.A. Smith, 1988, Danger, mystery, and environmental preference, in: Environment and Behavior, 20,
- Author : Herzog, T. & G.A. Smith
- Year : 1988
- Journal/Series : Environment and Behavior
- Volume Number (CONSECUTIVE: Counting all Volumes of this Journal ever published) : 20
- Pages : 320-344
- Abstract in English : ABSTRACT: This article deals in the possibility of a connection among high mystery, perceived danger and depressed preference for certain categories of environments. It is suggested that danger was a negative predictor of preference and mystery was a positive predictor. There was no evidence that high mystery was involved in depressed preference ratings for any of the environmental categories investigated.
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: environmental psychology, safety, mystery, preference. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research.