The research aimed to measure the environmental sensitivity level of people living in Antalya Province of Turkey based on their attitude and perceptions towards environmental problems, and to develop measures for increasing awareness with regard to environmental problems in Antalya. The purposes of this research are; 1) to measure the public’s level of environmental awareness and sensitivity, 2) to determine, at individual and provincial basis, the level of importance of environmental problems, 3) to highlight the most predominant environmental problem based on public opinion.
In the research, a questionnaire survey was implemented via standard forms. The questionnaire was conducted on a randomly selected group of people (approximately 500 persons). The answers were processed in SPSS software. Questions under attitude and perceptions sections were weighted equally and the “environmental sensitivity value” was obtained by grading the participants’ answers. The grading system was based on the ranking of items in the multiple-choice questions, and quality and quantity in the open ended questions. An arithmetical mean of environmental sensitivity value of sampled population was obtained.
At the final stage of the study, a set of recommendations that will contribute to the development of a provincial environmental action strategy was generated based on the results of the questionnaires, lessons learned from similar national and international studies, and international agreements on environmental issues.
- Title Original : Antalya Kentinde Halkın Çevre Duyarlılığının Saptanması ve Bu Duyarlılığı Arttırabilecek Önlemlerin Geliştirilmesi
- Website : http://proje.akdeniz.edu.tr/sorgu/fon/baslik/baslik3tytl.asp
- Project start : 0000
- Project end : 2009
- Contact Person : Sibel MANSUROĞLU
- Funding Agency : Akdeniz University Scientific Research Projects Coordination Unit
- Location : null, null, lat : 23.124593245260020000 - lng : 26.359800794417083000 address : null; Chad, null, lat : 17.522947655499790000 - lng : 22.844175794417083000 address : Ennedi, Chad; Sudan, null, lat : 21.498455195257517000 - lng : 31.984800794417083000 address : Wadi Halfa, Sudan; null, null, lat : 17.271337628858078000 - lng : 8.166441419417083000 address : null; Chad, null, lat : 16.261501676626764000 - lng : 18.185972669417083000 address : Borkou, Chad; Sudan, null, lat : 16.345857970218834000 - lng : 32.424253919417080000 address : Karary, Sudan; Libya, null, lat : 23.608685295242440000 - lng : 24.250425794417083000 address : Al Kufrah, Libya; Libya, null, lat : 29.117992808441855000 - lng : 15.197691419417083000 address : Al Jufrah, Libya; Egypt, null, lat : 27.959855033455113000 - lng : 26.184019544417083000 address : Qesm Siwah, Matrouh, Egypt; Chad, null, lat : 18.942030493914434000 - lng : 20.119566419417083000 address : Ennedi, Chad; Sudan, null, lat : 21.580208035992570000 - lng : 28.469175794417083000 address : Wadi Halfa, Sudan; Egypt, null, lat : 27.648882631577287000 - lng : 28.732847669417083000 address : Qesm Al Wahat Ad Dakhlah, New Valley Governorate, Egypt; Chad, null, lat : 22.069751838398550000 - lng : 16.955503919417083000 address : Tibesti, Chad; Saudi Arabia, null, lat : 22.151178968571298000 - lng : 39.807066419417080000 address : 25456, Saudi Arabia; Algeria, null, lat : 23.055003447267640000 - lng : 9.678712499999960000 address : Tamanrasset, Algeria; Jordan, null, lat : 30.707130432128906000 - lng : 36.888545338834320000 address : Maan, Jordan
- Image Title : antalya