Balling, J.D. & J.H. Falk, 1982, Development of visual preference for natural environments, in: Environment and Behavior, , 1
- Author : Balling, J.D. & J.H. Falk
- Year : 1982
- Journal/Series : Environment and Behavior
- Volume Number (ANNUAL: Counting Volumes of the Year shown above) : 1
- Pages : 5-28
- Abstract in English : Human visual preferences for slides of five natural landscapes or were examined. Elementary schoolchildren showed a significant preference for savannah over all other biomes. From midadolescence and through adulthood, more familiar natural environments were equally preferred to savannah. Results were interpreted as providing limited support for the hypothesis that humans have an innate preference for savannah-like settings that arises from their long evolutionary history on the savannahs of East Africa.
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: landscape, preference, assessment, planting design. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research.