Barnett, L.A., 1990, Developmental benefits of play for children, in: Journal of Leisure Research, 22, 2
- Author : Barnett, L.A.
- Year : 1990
- Journal/Series : Journal of Leisure Research
- Volume Number (ANNUAL: Counting Volumes of the Year shown above) : 2
- Volume Number (CONSECUTIVE: Counting all Volumes of this Journal ever published) : 22
- Pages : 138-153
- Abstract in English : Children’s, play must serve some functional, evolutionary benefit for the developing child. This article summarizes much of the proposed benefits of the child’s play and critically reviews the empirical evidence which supports or refutes the explanatory model.
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: children, play, children’s development, play theory, play benefits. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research, students of universities of professional education. This article is not dealing with nature, but may be very helpful to understanding research on children’s’ play in relation with nature.