Malinowski, J.C.& C.A.Thurber, 1996, Developmental shifts in the place preferences of boys aged 8-16 years, in: Journal of Environmental Psychology, 16,
- Author : Malinowski, J.C.& C.A.Thurber
- Year : 1996
- Journal/Series : Journal of Environmental Psychology
- Volume Number (CONSECUTIVE: Counting all Volumes of this Journal ever published) : 16
- Pages : 45-54
- Abstract in English : This study is a preliminary examination of developmental shifts in boys, place preferences. Younger boys tended to choose places valued for a particular land use while older boys tended to choose places for their aesthetic or cognitive qualities. The importance of assessing reasons why children choose certain place as their favourites cannot be understated. If adults are to create or control access to the spaces in which children live, learn and play, it is incumbent upon these adults to ensure that those places satisfy the needs and desires of youth. Only through an integration of ideas from multiple disciplines can concerned adults hope to provide better environments for children.
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: children, preference, place preference. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research.