Adriaens, F., M. Dubbeling, F. Feddes, A. Marcelis, C. van Overveld, D. van der Veen, J. de Vries, M. Witberg & E. Zinger, 2005, Duurzame stedenbouw, Blauwdruk, Wageningen
- Author : Adriaens, F., M. Dubbeling, F. Feddes, A. Marcelis, C. van Overveld, D. van der Veen, J. de Vries, M. Witberg & E. Zinger
- Year : 2005
- Title English : Sustainable urban design
- Publisher : Blauwdruk
- Publisher's Location : Wageningen
- ISBN : 9075271194
- Pages : 176
- Abstract : Sustainable urban design that focuses on people and the environment; one that can be used for a long time, continuing to meet requirements that are current throughout that time. This book describes sustainable urban design as is practiced at present time. By means of an historical sketch the authors show that sustainable design is no utopia. Is a form of urban design that is undergoing continual development in day-to-day building practice and one that is gaining an ever more unquestioned position within the discipline. This book is one of the sequels to the publication of the National Sustainable Urban Design Package and is a refection on current practice. The first part of this book consists of a refection on sustainable urban design. The second part contains descriptions of five urban architectural projects in the Netherlands. Comparable projects illustrate how solutions have found for similar assignments.
- Comments : KEYWORDS: urban design, sustainability, landscape architecture, urban environment, urban ecology, water management, landscape philosophy, cities, garden cities, people, children’s play ground, infrastructure, business parks, industrial inheritance.