Tyrvainen, L., 2001, Economic valuation of urban forest benefits in Finland, in: Journal of Environmental Management, 62, 1
- Author : Tyrvainen, L.
- Year : 2001
- Journal/Series : Journal of Environmental Management
- Volume Number (ANNUAL: Counting Volumes of the Year shown above) : 1
- Volume Number (CONSECUTIVE: Counting all Volumes of this Journal ever published) : 62
- Pages : 75-92
- Abstract in English : Urban development projects may cause loss of many amenity values of green area, which should be taken into consideration in planning. This paper is dealing to the consequences of lost of quality of the environment, in particular, the impacts on the amount and quality of green areas. The willingness to pay in order to save the woods for urban development has been investigated. The forest landscapes were evaluated for nature, landscape and wildlife. Therefore more than two-thirds of the respondents were willing to pay for the use of recreation areas. The results also show that the monetary value of amenity benefits in recreation areas is much higher than the present maintenance costs.
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: economic value, quality, amenity values, recreation, urban forestry, urban planning, societal significance. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research, students of universities of professional education