- Address : Struthbachweg
- Region : North Hesse
- GPS X : 9.495878219604492000
- GPS Y : 51.331523325234190000
- Implementation end : 2007
- Website : http://www.planrat.de/freiflaechen-spielflaechen/freiflaechengestaltung/nordstadtplatz.html
- Project Status : Completed Project
- Client : Stadt Kassel
- Ownership : Public
- Accessibility : Unrestricted areas
- Brief Description : The new design of the Kassel Nordstadtstadion forecourt is an imaginative mirror of the local landscape biography. Associations of the former agricultural Struthbach landscape overlay with images of today's sports landscape. Thus, elements from both eras slip into the square design:
A curved 'course of a stream' from blue paving stones reminds of the former Struthbach, and the plum trees create an analogy to the former agricultural use. The sports landscape is mounted by scattered 'footballs', a floodlight post as well as hints of a soccer field and framing tribunes in the form of terraced sitting bars.
The new square invites visitors to a little rest and offers stimuli for playful action. THe soccer imitations are play devices for gymnastics, sitting and climbing, and some of them can even be turned around. A fountain offers fresh drinking water.
- Designer : Planrat
- Image Title : Nordstadtplatz Kassel