The two parks were redesigned in the course of renovation after extensive construction
work on the metro and the canal 'Wiental'. The Girardi Park was designed by the landscape architekt Jakob Fina and opened 2006.
- Area : 0,4
- GPS X : 16.367616600000020000
- GPS Y : 48.200877400000000000
- Implementation end : 2006
- Context : Girardi Park and Esperanto Park are located in the center of Vienna, near the Karlsplatz art space. The parks are surrounded by the streets 'Friedrichstraße' and 'Operngasse' and the Karlsplatz. Nearby you find other open spaces like the Resselpark and Rosa Mayreder Park. All these parks are surrounded by important public houses like the Vienna University of Technology, the concert hall, the artists hall, the museum of the city of Vienna, the Charles's church and the Secession.
- Website : http://
- Project Status : Completed Project
- Ownership : Public
- Accessibility : Unrestricted areas
- Notes : The third man tour starts at the Girardi Park.Karlsplatz is a huge crossroads for various transport:
- Underground lines: U1, U2 and U4
- Trams: 1,2,62, 71, D
- Buses: 59A
- Brief Description : By simply "modelling" the terrain, it was possible to add some landscaping artistry to an awkward site. The slight contouring of the artificial waves of turf is enough to turn an indeterminate area into an interesting, eye-catching feature amidst the passing traffic. Alterations that were made to the positioning of the kerbstones in the course of street maintenance and repair work meant that the pedestrian pavement and cycle path were separated from one another (Lička, Grimm, 2015,
B61). The new design reflect the canal 'Wienfluss'.
- Designer : Jakob Fina