- GPS X : 0.000000000000000000
- GPS Y : 0.000000000000000000
- Project Status : Student project
- Ownership : Public
- Accessibility : Select Accessability...
- Project Team : Marija Mitrovic, Dragana Romic, Jovana Mihajlovic and Radmila Mircetic
- Brief Description : Growing Up Green is a project between Kongeparken, The European Capital of Culture Stavanger 2008 and the Norwegian University of Life Science.
It invited students, colleges and universities all over Europe to participate in the landscape architecture contest and think “children, motion and nature”. The aim of the project is to illustrate how we can use nature, altered in a philosophy about sustainable development, to create experiences with focus on children, motion and nature.
The installations should not just be drawn and projected, but the student teams will also be flown to the region in May 2008 where they will work for approximately one month to realize their project. The guests will have the opportunity to watch the progress and participate in the development on several levels in the selection process and the construction work.
The project has the potential to dominate the landscape in Kongeparken for many years.
Out of 40 projects from all over Europe, the project named “Insectville” authored by the team Coccinellidae
( Marija Mitrovic, Dragana Romic, Jovana Mihajlovic and Radmila Mircetic) students of the Belgrade University, Faculty of Forestry, Department of Landscape Architecture and Horticulture was selected among the four best ones to be realized in Stavanger during May and June of 2008.
This project will try to introduce the magical life of ants and termites to the visitors of Kongeparken, to amuse them and make them see how much can people learn from these wonderful creatures.
- Project Name : Original : Growing Up Green - “Insectville”
- Type : Playgrounds
- Image Title : Insectville