Kaplan, S. & C. Peterson, 1993, Health and environment: a psychological analysis, in: Landscape and Urban Planning, 26,
- Author : Kaplan, S. & C. Peterson
- Year : 1993
- Journal/Series : Landscape and Urban Planning
- Volume Number (CONSECUTIVE: Counting all Volumes of this Journal ever published) : 26
- Pages : 17-23
- Abstract in English : Planning is intended to be a process of organizing human activities in the best interests of human welfare. Lofty and noble as this goal is, its realisation depends on the thorny problem of conceptualizing human welfare. That is the central issue addressed in this paper. In developing an approach the idea that human welfare is an active process, the authors focus on mental and physical health before broadening their concern on topics more traditionally of concern to planners.
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: environmental psychology, well-being, health, planning, legibility, coherence. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research, students of universities of professional education.