Bonaiuto, M, F. Fordinando & M. Bonnes, 2003, Indexes of perceived residential environmental quality and neighbourhood attachment in urban environments: a confirmation study on the city of Rome, in: Landscape and Urban Planning, 65,
- Author : Bonaiuto, M, F. Fordinando & M. Bonnes
- Year : 2003
- Journal/Series : Landscape and Urban Planning
- Volume Number (CONSECUTIVE: Counting all Volumes of this Journal ever published) : 65
- Pages : 41-52
- Abstract in English : This paper concerns the relationship between in habitats and their neighbourhood of residence in the urban environment. This study aims at setting up a new version of PREO scale (Perceived Residential Environment Quality) and Neighbourhood Attachment (NA) used in previous studies. It attempts to reduce the number of items in each scale by selecting those elements that better represent each indicator. The authors present two instruments measuring the quality of the relationship that inhabitants have with their urban neighbourhoods. These instruments consist of 11 scales measuring the perceived environmental qualities of urban neighbourhoods and one scale measuring neighbourhood attachment. The criteria concern spatial (architectural, accessibility, green space), human (people and social relations), functional (welfare, recreation, transport services) and contextual (environmental health, life style, care) aspects. 20 indicators (158 items)) of quality (PREQ +NA) were found.
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: quality of life, quality, environmental quality, neighbourhood, neighbourhood attachment. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research, students of universities of professional education. Although this paper is statistical and aims to improve a method of measuring it, makes clear that environmental quality is a very multidisciplinary item concerning landscape design.