The purpose of this study is to
investigate the structure of agricultural landscapes from an ecological network
planning point of view and to demonstrate their role in establishing ecological
Specifically, the goal of this case study of Big Meander (Soke) Plain
is to detect the landscape elements for ecological networks and the structural
connectivity in the current network.
- First, different types of linear landscape elements will be classified
- Second, the structure and connectedness of
these components will be displayed.
- And then, the areas of improvements for the
establishment of ecological networks will be pointed out.
- Also, the vegetation
characteristics of each corridor type will be presented.
- And finally, the planning and land
management suggestions for improving ecological networks in agricultural
landscapes will be developed.
- Title Original : EKOLOJIK AGLAR KAPSAMINDA TARIMSAL PEYZAJ DOKUSUNUN IRDELENMESI
- Website : http://
- Project start : 2010
- Project end : 2013
- Contact Person : Hayriye ESBAH TUNCAY
- Funding Agency : TUBITAK
- Project Partners : Istanbul Technical University