Talbot, J.F. & Kaplan, 1986, Judging the sizes of urban areas: is bigger always better?, in: Landscape Journal, 5,
- Author : Talbot, J.F. & Kaplan
- Year : 1986
- Journal/Series : Landscape Journal
- Volume Number (CONSECUTIVE: Counting all Volumes of this Journal ever published) : 5
- Pages : 83-92
- Abstract in English : This paper reports on a research concerning the importance of size in people’s perceptions of urban open spaces. It suggests that size may be less important and that the coherence of a place and the opportunities and views is offers appear to have particular importance. Highly preferred and seemingly spacious setting may be designed even on relatively small parcels of land.
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: urban open space, size, preference, landscape design, nature, planting design. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research, students of universities of professional education.