Francis, M., 1987, Meanings attached to a city park and community garden in Sacramento, in: Landscape Research, 12, 1
- Author : Francis, M.
- Year : 1987
- Journal/Series : Landscape Research
- Volume Number (ANNUAL: Counting Volumes of the Year shown above) : 1
- Volume Number (CONSECUTIVE: Counting all Volumes of this Journal ever published) : 12
- Pages : 8-12
- Abstract in English : What value do people attach to community open spaces in cities? Are these meanings different from those attached to public park? Do users and non-users of community gardens view the benefits of community open space differently? Do officials charged with managing urban recreation have the same perceptions of the benefits of open spaces as do city residents who use or pass by them? The questions formed the basis of a comparative study of a city park and adjacent community gardens in Sacramento, California
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: community gardens, resident’s participation, parks, use of parks, quality, societal significance. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research.