Percifull, E., S. Thomas & T. Kendle, 1993, Multicultural parks, in: Landscape Design, 223,
- Author : Percifull, E., S. Thomas & T. Kendle
- Year : 1993
- Journal/Series : Landscape Design
- Volume Number (CONSECUTIVE: Counting all Volumes of this Journal ever published) : 223
- Pages : 9-12
- Abstract in English : Victorian park design has little to offer today’s multi-cultural urban society. The state of public parks presents complex challenges to the landscape profession. Lack of money, reduction in staff, removal of expensive, horticultural features, the pressure to invest in sport pitches at the cost of other uses, and the change in management have all been identified as detrimental influences. Whatever the reasons, there are far too many green deserts devoid of character, interest and therefore people. Are there ways of designing parks to reflect a diversity of cultural background?
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: parks, design, planting design, multi-cultural, use. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research, students of universities of professional education.