Godbey, G. & Blazey, M., 1983, Old people in urban parks, in: Journal of Leisure Research, 15,
- Author : Godbey, G. & Blazey, M.
- Year : 1983
- Journal/Series : Journal of Leisure Research
- Volume Number (CONSECUTIVE: Counting all Volumes of this Journal ever published) : 15
- Pages : 229-244
- Abstract in English : The purpose of this investigation was to examine selected aspects of local’s usage by older urban residents. Specifically, the study examined: 1) meaning, motivation, and satisfactions associated with local park usage; (2) logistics of usage such as travel mode, duration of stay, companionship and others; (3) on-site behaviours, moods, attitudes and states of mind; and (4) critiques of the park environment. Data were collected in five large cities. Park use was found to frequently represent routine behaviour in which a wide variety of leisure behaviour occurred. Park visitation had important perceived benefits for approximately half of all older users.
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: elderly, parks, urban parks, use, quality. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research.