Woolley, H. & N.-ul-Amin, 1999, Pakistani teenagers’use of public open space in Sheffield, in: Managing Leisure, 4,
- Author : Woolley, H. & N.-ul-Amin
- Year : 1999
- Journal/Series : Managing Leisure
- Volume Number (CONSECUTIVE: Counting all Volumes of this Journal ever published) : 4
- Pages : 156-167
- Contents in English : Research has been undertaken relating to the use that people make of their parks and urban open spaces. The literature reviewed in this paper concentrates on ethnic minorities’ use of parks in both the United States of America and the United Kingdom. The paper then discusses the methodology and findings of study of Pakistani teenagers’ use of open spaces in Sheffield, relating these findings to practice.
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: ethnicity, ethnicity minorities, parks, use, urban open spaces, safety, quality, landscape design. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research, students of universities of professional education.