Smardon, R.C., 1988, Perception and aesthetics of the urban environment: review of the role of vegetation., in: Landscape and Urban Planning, 15, 1
- Author : Smardon, R.C.
- Year : 1988
- Journal/Series : Landscape and Urban Planning
- Volume Number (ANNUAL: Counting Volumes of the Year shown above) : 1
- Volume Number (CONSECUTIVE: Counting all Volumes of this Journal ever published) : 15
- Pages : 85-106
- Abstract in English : This paper is a review of the role that urban vegetation plays in regard to human behaviour and perception of urban environments. It reviews the functions or benefits of urban vegetation to human use. The second section of the paper will review these various functions as they have been documented at different urban scales ranging from whole cities or urbanizing regions to street-scape or specific places such as parks.
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: significance of vegetation, societal significance, benefits of nature, trees, well being, planting design, preference, horticultural therapy. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research, students of universities of professional education.