Giuliani, M.V. & R. Feldman, 1993, Place attachment in a developmental and cultural context, in: Journal of Environmental Psychology, 13,
- Author : Giuliani, M.V. & R. Feldman
- Year : 1993
- Journal/Series : Journal of Environmental Psychology
- Volume Number (CONSECUTIVE: Counting all Volumes of this Journal ever published) : 13
- Pages : 267-274
- Abstract in English : A review of place attachment. Interest in the notion that people develop experience and express affective bonds with geographical space has been slow to emerge in mainstream people-environment research. One of the viewpoints is: Geographical space is experienced as place through long-term involvement in a particular location. Its affective character, a strong, long-lasting emotional attachment of the person to a location, primarily defines the experience of place
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: environmental psychology, place attachment, neighbourhoods. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research, students of universities of professional education. This article has nothing to do which landscape design, but it might useful for understanding place attachment and place identity, which are also playing a role in the landscape.