Ware, V. & S. Cavanagh, 1992, Planning for children in public places, in: Children’s Environments, 9, 2
- Author : Ware, V. & S. Cavanagh
- Year : 1992
- Journal/Series : Children's Environments
- Volume Number (ANNUAL: Counting Volumes of the Year shown above) : 2
- Volume Number (CONSECUTIVE: Counting all Volumes of this Journal ever published) : 9
- Pages : 48-62
- Abstract in English : An environment that is planned and designed without taking into account the needs of children is likely to exclude or present difficulties not just for children themselves but also for carers and for people with disabilities. Conversely, one that is designed to be truly accessible and safe for children is also likely to be barrier-free for other groups of users as well. In this context the main elements of the work of the Women’s Design Service is summarized.
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: children, design, safety, accessibility, play, public places. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research, students of universities of professional education. This article is not dealing with planting design etc. it can, however, be used to place planting design etc. in a broader context.