Luther, M. & D. Gruehn, 2001, Putting a price on urban green spaces, in: Landscape Design, 303,
- Author : Luther, M. & D. Gruehn
- Year : 2001
- Journal/Series : Landscape Design
- Volume Number (CONSECUTIVE: Counting all Volumes of this Journal ever published) : 303
- Pages : 23-25
- Abstract in English : Parks in Europe cities have been subjected to decades of cost-cutting, with many local authorities that the public benefits of open spaces are limited and do not justify more than minimal investment, but are the cuts justified? Although most people would agree that open spaces bring environmental, social and even economic benefits, few surveys have attempted to measure their value statistically. The authors have tried to do that.
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: urban green space, significance, quantification of benefits. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research, students of universities of professional education.