Mazumdar, S. & S. Mazumdar, 1993, Sacred space and place attachment, in: Journal of Environmental Psychology, 13,
- Author : Mazumdar, S. & S. Mazumdar
- Year : 1993
- Journal/Series : Journal of Environmental Psychology
- Volume Number (CONSECUTIVE: Counting all Volumes of this Journal ever published) : 13
- Pages : 231-242
- Abstract in English : In recent years emotional connections to places and symbolic qualities of objects and places have received increased attention. For some the physical environment is seen as a context in which fundamental human values can be cultivated and the human spirit enriched. This article brings attention to ‘sacred’ component in people-place attachment and the religious component of the emotional and spiritual connections to place. Does modern housing provide a sacred setting. Are occupants able to develop their religious selves and express their religious and spiritual identity?
- Comments/Notes : UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research, students of universities of professional education. This article has nothing to do which landscape design, but it might useful for understanding place attachment and place identity, which are also playing a role in the landscape