Winter, J., T. Coombes & S. Farthing, 1993, Satisfaction with space around the home on large private sector estates, in: The Town Planning Review, , 1
- Author : Winter, J., T. Coombes & S. Farthing
- Year : 1993
- Journal/Series : The Town Planning Review
- Volume Number (ANNUAL: Counting Volumes of the Year shown above) : 1
- Pages : 65-87
- Abstract in English : This article on six case studies of estates in Southern England and South Wales (1985-1989) to assess levels of satisfaction with the provision of external space around the home on new large-scale private sector housing estates. The great majority were satisfied in general with their housing environment but substantial numbers were found to be dissatisfied with specific aspects of the space around their home, most particularly: the lack of privacy in rear gardens; parking provision, children’s play; and landscaping. There was found to be considerable variation between planners and residents on the main issues of concern on these developments.
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: quality, landscape design, management, environmental psychology, social aspects. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research, students of universities of professional education.