Cooper Marcus, C., 2001, Should playgrounds incorporate risk?, in: Landscape Architecture, , 12
- Author : Cooper Marcus, C.
- Year : 2001
- Journal/Series : Landscape Architecture
- Volume Number (ANNUAL: Counting Volumes of the Year shown above) : 12
- Pages : 71
- Abstract in English : It is now recognized that risk-taking is an important element of play and physical development. It is a part of life and it is better to provide for such risk-taking in a milieu supervised by adults than in a more dangerous situation in the outside world. What can American designers learn from the princess Diana Memorial Playground? (see: Cooper Marcus, C., 2001: in this issue). That risk-taking is an essential component of growing up and that is has both psychological and physiological benefits.
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: children, play, playground, playground design, risk, safety. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research, students of universities of professional education