Carles, J.L., I.L. Barrio & J.V. de Lucio, 1999, Sound influence on landscape values, in: Landscape and Urban Planning, 43,
- Author : Carles, J.L., I.L. Barrio & J.V. de Lucio
- Year : 1999
- Journal/Series : Landscape and Urban Planning
- Volume Number (CONSECUTIVE: Counting all Volumes of this Journal ever published) : 43
- Pages : 191-200
- Abstract in English : The influence of the interaction between visual and acoustic stimuli on perception of the environment is presented. Results suggest that there is a need to identify places or settings where the conservation of the sound environment is essential, because of its salient information content or due to the drastic impact of the loss of sound quality on the observer appreciation, for example in urban green spaces, natural spaces and cultural landscapes.
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: sound, acoustic, perception, landscape, quality, nature experience,nature. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research.