Ulrich, R., R.F., Simons, B.D. Losito, E. Fiorito, M.A. Miles & M. Zelson, 1991, Stress recovery during exposure to natural and urban environments, in: Journal of Environmental Psychology, 11,
- Author : Ulrich, R., R.F., Simons, B.D. Losito, E. Fiorito, M.A. Miles & M. Zelson
- Year : 1991
- Journal/Series : Journal of Environmental Psychology
- Volume Number (CONSECUTIVE: Counting all Volumes of this Journal ever published) : 11
- Pages : 201-230
- Abstract in English : Most unthreatening natural environments will have a stress reducing or restorative influence, whereas many urban environments will hamper recuperation. Hypotheses regarding emotional, attentional and physiological aspects of stress reducing influences of nature are investigated.
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS” environmental psychology, benefits of nature, fascination, psychoevolutionary theory, recovery, societal significance, stress. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research.