Valk, A. van der, 2002, The Dutch planning experience, in: Landscape and Urban Planning, 58,
- Author : Valk, A. van der
- Year : 2002
- Journal/Series : Landscape and Urban Planning
- Volume Number (CONSECUTIVE: Counting all Volumes of this Journal ever published) : 58
- Pages : 201-210
- Abstract in English : The Netherlands is densely populated and highly urbanised. Growth management and spatial planning have a long-standing tradition. This article reveals driving forces and new trends in planning. The intricacies of the planning system are interpreted in an institutional and political framework. Decision making by consensus is the dominant planning style in The Netherlands.
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: landscape planning, urban planning, multiple land use, policy, land fragmentation. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research, students of universities of professional education.