Førtoft, I. & J. Sageie, 2000, The natural environment as a playground for children: landscape description and analyses of a natural playscape, in: Landscape and Urban Planning, 48,
- Author : Førtoft, I. & J. Sageie
- Year : 2000
- Journal/Series : Landscape and Urban Planning
- Volume Number (CONSECUTIVE: Counting all Volumes of this Journal ever published) : 48
- Pages : 83-97
- Abstract in English : This study indicated a strong relation between landscape structure and play functions. Diversity in landscape elements such a vegetation and topography might be considered a dimension of quality for a natural playscape. This playscape comprised the ground for training of motor fitness in children. Through all-round playing and exploring the natural playscape the children’s motor fitness was improved. The proved the learning effects from a natural playscape on children’s motor abilities.
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: children, natural playscape, quality, nature, trees, motor abilities. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research, students of universities of professional education.