Dickason, J.G., 1983, The origin of the playground: the role of the Boston Women’s Clubs, 1885-1890, in: Leisure Sciences, 8, 1
- Author : Dickason, J.G.
- Year : 1983
- Journal/Series : Leisure Sciences
- Volume Number (ANNUAL: Counting Volumes of the Year shown above) : 1
- Volume Number (CONSECUTIVE: Counting all Volumes of this Journal ever published) : 8
- Pages : 83-98
- Abstract in English : This historical study explores primary sources that have not been presented heretofore in the body of literature related to the development of playgrounds in the United States.
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: sand gardens, playgrounds, children. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research, students of universities of professional education. This article is not dealing with nature, but places children’s’ play in nature in a historical context.