Yang, B-E & R. Kaplan, 1990, The perception of landscape style: a cross-cultural comparison, in: Landscape and Urban Planning, 19,
- Author : Yang, B-E & R. Kaplan
- Year : 1990
- Journal/Series : Landscape and Urban Planning
- Volume Number (CONSECUTIVE: Counting all Volumes of this Journal ever published) : 19
- Pages : 251-262
- Abstract in English : KEYWORDS: environmental psychology, preferences, landscape style. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research, students of universities of professional education.
- Comments/Notes : This study explores the perception of landscapes stile in a cross-cultural context. Distinct categories that emerged for both the samples had strong similarities. They reflect a combination of landscape style and landscape content. The preference for natural and curvilinear forms and for asymmetric lay-outs runs counter to the cultural tradition of the country