Herrington, S., 1997, The received view of play and subculture of infants, in: Landscape Journal, 16, 2
- Author : Herrington, S.
- Year : 1997
- Journal/Series : Landscape Journal
- Volume Number (ANNUAL: Counting Volumes of the Year shown above) : 2
- Volume Number (CONSECUTIVE: Counting all Volumes of this Journal ever published) : 16
- Pages : 149-160
- Abstract in English : The author examines outdoor play spaces for young children and proposes an alternative conceptualisation for the design of these landscapes. Young children are increasingly embedded into the institutional, corporate, and commercial fabric of public life. By creating play spaces for children that express all the complexities of the landscape and that in turn support the social, emotional physical, and cognitive development of children, we will inspire their senses, their minds, and their hearts.
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: children, play, landscape design, societal significance. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research, students of universities of professional education.