Parsons, R., L.G. Tassinary, R. S. Ulrich, M.R. Hebl & M. Grossman-Alexander, 1998, The view from the road: implications for stress recovery and immunization, in: Journal of Environmental Psychology, 18,
- Author : Parsons, R., L.G. Tassinary, R. S. Ulrich, M.R. Hebl & M. Grossman-Alexander
- Year : 1998
- Journal/Series : Journal of Environmental Psychology
- Volume Number (CONSECUTIVE: Counting all Volumes of this Journal ever published) : 18
- Pages : 113-139
- Abstract in English : Findings from literature research indicate that visual exposure to natural environments can be stress-reducing, and they suggest the possibility that roadside environments dominated by natural elements can mitigate travel-related stress. This is examined by videotapes and the results of this research support this suggestion.
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: environmental psychology, stress, recovery, nature, roads, roadsides, environments. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research