The park Tulzergasse was built on a wasteland that lies between the urban developments along the Brünnerstraße and Marchfeldkanal. The Marchfeldkanal with a length of 18 kilometers is used for irrigation and a place of recreation. The park was planned from 1995 to 1996 by Maja Kirchner. It had to be addressed primarily to the recreational cycling and hiking. The park was finally opened in 1997 (see Lammel, Jakab, 1998 S.10ff).
- Area : 0,77
- GPS X : 16.414187908303575000
- GPS Y : 48.291399801564130000
- Project start : 1995
- Project end : 1996
- Implementation start : 1996
- Implementation end : 1997
- Context : The park along the Tulzergasse is located in the northern outskirts of Vienna, the 21st district. The park is located between residential buildings, a day care center, a church, offices and the Marchfeldkanal, which leads quality Danube water in the Marchfeld. The environment and the Marchfeld region is characterized by new buildings between grain and vegetable fields. The park is part of a bike and hiking trail, which runs through the Marchfeld.
- Website : http://
- Project Status : Completed Project
- Ownership : Public
- Accessibility : Unrestricted areas
- Notes : Public transport stations are located on the Jedlersdorfer Straße (station 30A Marchfeldkanal) and Brünnerstraße (station 30, 31 Anton-Schall-Gasse or Van-Swieten-Kaserne).
- Brief Description : The idea of the park design is the „green column cloister“, a raster of Quercus robur (common oak) as the linking element for the heterogeneous space. There are ingrained the playground, the silence space and the resting area.
The central element of the playground is the shelter of pinewood. It is the largest part of the park. The cube has page lengths of 4.5 meter and it has an effect like a sign which is recognizable from a distance.
The silence area is lightly higher than the other areas. It is surrounded of bush hedges and rose plants and is equipped with a clay court for small children and a sculpture.
The resting area with his benches invites cyclist, hiker along the Marchfeldkanal and visitors of the EKZ to a short stay.
- Designer : Maja Kirchner
- Location : Austria, Wien, lat : 48.291399801564130000 - lng : 16.414187908303575000 address : Tulzergasse 898/9, 1210 Wien, Austria
- Project Name : Original : Tulzergasse
- Type : Parks, Parks
- Image Title : Tulzergasse