- Region : North Hesse
- Area : 8,5
- GPS X : 9.506177902221680000
- GPS Y : 51.325570214672760000
- Project end : 2008
- Website : http://www.raumzeit.org/NewFiles/kassel_01.html
- Project Status : Competition scheme
- Client : Hessisches Baumanagement
- Ownership : Public
- Accessibility : Unrestricted areas
- Notes : The general offer was made via a two-level competition after GRW 1995 and VOF with a prefixed application procedure in order to choose 50 teams maximum.
The first level was concepted as a limited urban design competition for the creation of ideas. The second level happened in the form of an implementation competition in a cooperative practise.
The competition was for professional teams of architects and landscape architects, the involvement of an urban designer or planner, however, was recommended. Still, the contribution was under the direction of architecture.
Actual number of participants, level I: 43
Actual number of participants, level II: 12
registrative area: EWR, WTO; Language: German; honoray sum: 144.300 EUR excl. tax.
Supervision: scheuvens + wachten; jury: Prof. Undine Giseke, Prof. Manfred Hegger (Vors.), Prof. Dr. Michael Koch, Prof. Christa Reicher, Prof. Kirsten Schemel, Prof. Zvonko Turkali
- Brief Description : Educational Landscape: Between Park and City
The local potential with its appealing topographic situation and the remarkable historic factory buildingd is used to develop the University Campus of Kassel into an educational landscape.
An environment is to be created which with foster the individual as well as the collective research, teaching and studying, where landscape elements such as plateaus, nishes, terraces and grassfields create differing space qualities in collaboration with spatial elements such as lanes, squares and stairs that operate as stimuli and offer open spaces.
For the individual uses, well-cut construction fields will be implemented. The architectural structures are spatially generous without breaking with the scale dimensions of the existing campus. Single buildings and new constructions gain the ranking of urban marks through their position in the overal concept and support the orientation.
- Designer : raumzeit, Berlin
- Project Name : Original : Universität Kassel: Campus Nord - Erweiterung
- Type : Universities
- Image Title :