Gold, S.M., 1986, User characteristics and response to vegetation in neighbourhood parks, in: Arboricultural Journal, 10, 4
- Author : Gold, S.M.
- Year : 1986
- Journal/Series : Arboricultural Journal
- Volume Number (ANNUAL: Counting Volumes of the Year shown above) : 4
- Volume Number (CONSECUTIVE: Counting all Volumes of this Journal ever published) : 10
- Pages : 275-287
- Abstract in English : Users in six neighbourhood parks were asked to describe their response to the landscape character of each park. Parks with a more informal, natural and diverse landscape character have a more positive influence on levels of users satisfaction than those with a less natural, more formal and sterile landscape character. An approach to park design and management is possible which uses trees in stead of turf as dominant landscape feature to provide a relatively natural contrast to the surrounding residential area
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: parks, users, trees, preferences. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research, students of universities of professional education.