More, T.A., T. Stevens & G. Allen, 1988, Valuation of urban parks, in: Landscape and Urban Planning, 15, 1
- Author : More, T.A., T. Stevens & G. Allen
- Year : 1988
- Journal/Series : Landscape and Urban Planning
- Volume Number (ANNUAL: Counting Volumes of the Year shown above) : 1
- Volume Number (CONSECUTIVE: Counting all Volumes of this Journal ever published) : 15
- Pages : 139-152
- Abstract in English : This paper reviews the three techniques and presents study results from the hedonic valuation technique. Urban parks do have substantial economic values. Unless we find ways to specify these values, parks and open spaces will continue to be subject to development pressures from those who can easily document the economic values of alternatives. Study results, however, indicate landscape planners need to be aware of the strengths and shortcomings of each to properly evaluate research on this topic.
- Comments/Notes : KEYWORDS: urban parks, economic value, benefits. UTILITY: lecturers/teachers, academic research.